- Jos Buttler, Bowlers Help Rajasthan Royals Defeat Kings XI Punjab By 15 Runs
- 1983 World Cup Hero Kapil Dev To Debut On Comedy Show During IPL
- MS Dhoni’s Special Message For Armed Forces After Being Honoured With Padma Bhushan
- Rohit Sharma Reveals Why He Did Not See Dinesh Karthik’s Last-Ball Six
- Shami: was not aware of my wife’s 1st marriage, her 2 kids
Emulating Snapchat may have finally paid off for Facebook-owned image-centric platform Instagram as it has declared that it has over 600 million users.
The number assumes significance as the platform seems to have acquired the last 100 million in the last six months compared to the period when it acquired 500 million. The company had earlier said that it had taken 9 months to add 100 million users to reach the 500 million mark.
However, it is not clear what is generating momentum for the company. Experts claimed that Instagram maybe working as a platform for endorsements and advertisements. With its last update, the company has noted that 300 million users was on the app daily.
“Most of the 600 million total are likely very active, then, but there’s a chance that some of its new users only occasionally check things out,” an industry expert said, adding, that “emulating Snapchat features and Twitter’s decision to close Vine may also have helped.”