- Jos Buttler, Bowlers Help Rajasthan Royals Defeat Kings XI Punjab By 15 Runs
- 1983 World Cup Hero Kapil Dev To Debut On Comedy Show During IPL
- MS Dhoni’s Special Message For Armed Forces After Being Honoured With Padma Bhushan
- Rohit Sharma Reveals Why He Did Not See Dinesh Karthik’s Last-Ball Six
- Shami: was not aware of my wife’s 1st marriage, her 2 kids
The Income Tax department on Friday seized Rs 1.4 crore cash, including Rs 8 lakh in new currency, in searches on the premises of a civil contractor here as part of its anti-black money drive post demonetisation.
Officials said the seizure was made from a civil sub contractor identified as P L Soni, from a location in the Karol Bagh area.
They said the department conducted the searches based on a tip-off of alleged illegal cash being hoarded at this location.
‘The seizure of new currency was made in the denomination of Rs 2,000 notes. The old notes that were seized include the demonetised currencies of Rs 1000/500 and also the legal tender of Rs 100,” they said.
The department also conducted a survey operation at the Krishna Nagar branch of Axis bank here in connection with a probe, they said.