- Hockey Junior World Cup: India beat Australia in shootout to enter final
- Vijender Singh’s D-day against a Tanzanian ‘Lion’
- India vs England, 5th Test, Day 2 live cricket score: Jadeja 3/78, ENG 352/7
- R Ashwin becomes second fastest bowler to clinch 200 wickets in Test history
- Ravindra Jadeja’s hilarious reply as to why new batsmen struggled on turning tracks
When India’s poster boy of boxing, Vijender Singh, came for the weigh-in, his rippling muscles gave an indication of the hard work he has put in to guard his WBO Asia-Pacific Super Middleweight belt against Francis Cheka of Tanzania on Saturday.
It will be Vijender’s eighth pro bout on the circuit and his second on home soil. In July, the Indian had outclassed Australia’s Kerry Hope to win the belt.
It has been a smooth ride for Vijender on the pro circuit so far — he has fought seven bouts and remained unbeaten. On the eve of the title defence, he exuded confidence of winning Saturday’s showdown against his African rival, a former world champion.