- 1983 World Cup Hero Kapil Dev To Debut On Comedy Show During IPL
- MS Dhoni’s Special Message For Armed Forces After Being Honoured With Padma Bhushan
- Rohit Sharma Reveals Why He Did Not See Dinesh Karthik’s Last-Ball Six
- Shami: was not aware of my wife’s 1st marriage, her 2 kids
- 17th ODI century ended a run of low scores in South Africa
Former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was presented with the Padma Bhushan, country’s third highest civilian award, by President Ram Nath Kovind on Monday evening. Dhoni, who holds the rank of Honorary Lieutenant Colonel in the Territorial Army, wore his uniform for the gala ceremony. On Tuesday, Dhoni took to Instagram and thanked the armed forces for their exemplary services to the country and said that accepting the honour in his army uniform “increased the excitement tenfold”. The 36-year-old’s Instagram post was an instant hit, garnering over 450,000 likes and close to 11,000 comments at the time of writing this article.
“An honour to get the Padma Bhushan and receiving it in Uniform increases the excitement ten folds.thanks to all the Men and Women in Uniform and their families for the Sacrifices they make so that all of us could enjoy our Constitutional Rights.Jai Hind,” Dhoni wrote on his Instagram post.