- Virat Kohli Continues To Rule; Smriti Mandhana Signs Off On A High
- Injured Josh Hazlewood Eyes World Cup Return For Australia
- India Squad Announcement On February 15, Virat Kohli Expected To Return
- क्रिकेटर मिताली राज ने हासिल की यह बड़ी उपलब्धि…
- न्यूजीलैंड के खिलाफ (India vs New Zealand) सीरीज के पहले तीन मैचों में सर्वश्रेष्ठ प्रदर्शन
Former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was presented with the Padma Bhushan, country’s third highest civilian award, by President Ram Nath Kovind on Monday evening. Dhoni, who holds the rank of Honorary Lieutenant Colonel in the Territorial Army, wore his uniform for the gala ceremony. On Tuesday, Dhoni took to Instagram and thanked the armed forces for their exemplary services to the country and said that accepting the honour in his army uniform “increased the excitement tenfold”. The 36-year-old’s Instagram post was an instant hit, garnering over 450,000 likes and close to 11,000 comments at the time of writing this article.
“An honour to get the Padma Bhushan and receiving it in Uniform increases the excitement ten folds.thanks to all the Men and Women in Uniform and their families for the Sacrifices they make so that all of us could enjoy our Constitutional Rights.Jai Hind,” Dhoni wrote on his Instagram post.