- Virat Kohli led India to unprecedented Test and bilateral ODI series wins in Australia
- MS Dhoni played a superb inning of 87 not out
- 48-Team Qatar World Cup Only Possible If Doha Agrees
- India Aim To End Tour With First Bilateral ODI Series Win In Australia
- Virat kohli reaction on Hardik Pandey TV show comments…
Days after actress Swara Bhasker’s open letter to director Sanjay Leela Bhansali went viral, “Padmaavat” stars Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor have urged for the film to be seen in the context of the historical period it is set in. Ms Bhasker’s powerfully-worded letter makes a case against the film, arguing that it glorifies jauhar and sati, acts that denied women their basic right to life. Speaking to DNA, Deepika emphasised that “Padmaavat” does not ‘endorse jauhar.’ Shahid told news agency PTI that “every practice happens for various reasons.” If that sounds thin, he qualified it by saying that the jauhar scene should be viewed keeping in mind that motives of the central character in it – Rani Padmavati, played by Deepika. Shahid takes the role of her husband Ratan Singh.